Reporting to the Division Manager – Evaluations Canada (English), the Organic Inspector visits businesses that are certified or wishing to be certified organic.
Ecocert Canada is looking for a dynamic and friendly individual who is passionate about organic production, the environment, and sustainable agriculture.
The Organic Inspector works from home and on the road. The Inspector will have to visit clients in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Cap Breton, Prince Edward Island and New Foundland and may be assigned travel to other provinces.
- Learn and understand the inspection role and appropriate organic certification standards.
- Review existing and new client files
- 35 Hours per week avialiability
June 2023 and beyond
- Contact clients to schedule inspection appointments.
- Perform inspections according to Ecocert Canada procedures and the Canadian organic regulations
- Clarify any missing information with clients (as needed).
- File a timely and accurate inspection report for each client.
- Maintain clear and professional communication with other departments
- ~35 Hours avialiability per two week period
- up to 35 hours per week during crop and maple harvest seasons